Looking for the best bottles to use when breastfeeding?
We have you covered. We’ll give you the nitty-gritty of all you need to know when choosing a bottle to feed your cute baby..
According to the medical practitioners, babies must be breast fed exclusively for six months before being introduced to other foods….
However, since most mothers have to go back to work after three months they are forced to introduce their babies to feeding bottles.
The best bottles to use when breastfeeding, are those that mimic the flow and feeling of real breasts.
What is a breastfeeding bottle?
Breastfeeding baby bottles are used to feed the mother’s milk to a baby when the mom is away or cannot breastfeed directly for one reason or another. The best breast milk bottles have a nipple just like the breast and keep the milk warm for long.
- Standard baby bottle:
Also known as straight neck bottles, these are the normal traditional breastfeeding bottle with nipple and cover.
- Angled baby bottle:
The neck of this bottle is visibly bent to keep the nipple filled with milk so air bubbles won’t get trapped there.
- Wide Neck Bottle:
Top baby bottles for breastfeeding have a wide neck to make cleaning easier and a wide nipple that looks and feels like the mothers nipple.
- Vented Bottle:
These bottles also called anti-colic bottles have a straw or valve running from nipple to bottom to prevent forming of air bubbles on the nipple.
- Disposable Bottles:
The best bottles to use when breast feeding away from home or when travelling are disposable after use.
Buying Guide For The Best Bottles To Use When Breastfeeding.
The smaller the bottle is; the slower the flow of milk. Choose a small bottle for newborns and a bigger one as they grow.
The shape and design can allow or prevent air to get trapped in the nipple. The shape should also make it easy for the baby to hold the bottle and if possible have handles on it.
Choose a material that is durable, safe for the baby and easy to clean.
The best bottle nipples for breastfeeding babies must be firm but not hard. Silicone is the best because some babies are allergic to latex.
4 Top Baby Bottles For Breastfeeding.
Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle.
The best bottles for breastfed babies are those that are keeping up with the modern changes to reduce the colic, toxicity and stomach infections.
Features To Consider:
- It has naturally shaped silicone nipples that are so soft the baby won’t know the difference between the bottle and the mom’s breasts.
- This bottle is made of a skin-like, soft and squeezable material that the baby will love to hold on to when drinking the milk.
- Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle has a wide neck that will not just allow sufficient milk to pass through but also enhance easy and brushless cleaning.
- It has top of the class dual anti-colic vents smartly designed to prevent leaking and completely eliminate the chances of the baby getting colic.
- It’s the perfect size for any baby and has two medium flow nipple holes ideal for babies 3 to 6 months old. However, one can order slow flow bottles for newborns.
- The Comotomobottlesfor breastfeeding babies are safe to use in the microwave, dishwasher, boiling water and sterilizers. They are made of 100% safe materials free from BPA, PVC and Phthalate.
- This bottle is small, light-weight and textured so it’s easy for the baby to hold on to without help.
Philips AVENT Natural Glass Bottle.
Philips AVENT Natural Glass Bottle is one of the best glass baby bottles available in the market.
Features To Consider:
- This bottle has wide, breast-shaped nipples, which are the best bottle nipples for breast-fed babies. The design combined with the unique comfort petals make for a soft, flexible nipple that feels like the mothers.
- The bottle nipples for breastfeeding babies used on this bottle also have an anti-colic newborn flow that directs air back into the bottle instead of letting it go to the baby’s stomach. This design means your baby will never have colic or stomach discomfort caused by excess air.
- This bottle is small and light enough for the baby to hold and the ergonomic shape makes holding easy for the baby and the caregiver.
- Since it only has a few parts and the neck is so wide, assembling and cleaning this bottle is incredibly easy hence making it one of the best bottles to use when breastfeeding.
- The Philips AVENT Natural Glass Bottle is made of high quality borosilicate glass which is a BPA free material and is printed with safe organic ink so it’s safe for the baby.
- This bottle is heat resistant so it can be warmed, stored in the fridge and machine washed without a problem. Since it’s made of glass, the Philips AVENT Natural Glass Bottle is easy to clean and sterilize making it a very hygienic bottle.
- It is compatible with all Natural Philips Avent caps and nipples and it’s easy to assemble.
You May Also Like: Best Infant Scale For Home Use
Lansinoh mOmma Breastmilk Feeding Bottle with NaturalWave Nipple.
This bottle is made specifically for breastfeeding babies whose moms have to go to work.
Features To Consider:
- This breast like bottle is specifically designed for infants who are breast feeding so it enables the baby to use the feeding actions they already know. The shape and texture of this nipple is well liked by babies and is rarely rejected.
- The LansinohmOmmaBreastmilk Feeding Bottle with NaturalWave Nipple is equipped with Air Ventilation System to reduce intake of gas that causes bloating and colic to babies.
- NaturalWave breastfeeding bottle nipples are 100% silicone so babies don’t react with them. They are also soft, flexible and BPA free to encourage natural oral development.
- This LansinohmOmmaBreastmilk pack comes with three bottles to cover all baby ages. Every bottle has its own nipple, collar and cap ideal for infants, toddlers and weaning.
- This bottle has a wide opening for easy cleaning and sterilizing.
- The bottle has clear measurement markings so you can know how much milk the baby is taking and a contoured make for easy holding.
- This is one of the slow flow bottles for breastfed babies to enhance controlled flow so the baby won’t choke and the neck does not leak as long as it’s tightly fitted.
- This bottle set comes in a beautiful purple box that is great for travelling or as a gift to a special mom.
Medela Breastmilk Bottle Set.
If you are looking for a complete feeding set that enables you to collect, store, freeze and feed the baby, MedelaBreastmilk Bottle Set is the right choice.
Features To Consider:
- MedelaBreastmilk Bottles are some of the best bottles to use when breastfeeding because the same bottles are used for pumping, storage and feeding and this is very convenient for the mother. Transferring milk from one place to another is not only time wasting but can also be a cause for contamination.
- Just like all the other top rated bottles for breastfed babies, MedelaBreastmilk Bottles have wide-based nipples that allow infants to feed naturally without resistance.
- It’s made of BPA free polypropylene which is not only safe for the baby but also helps to retain the beneficial properties of breast milk even after long-term storage in the fridge.
- These bottles have the best nipples for breastfeeding made of silicone and are BPA free. They allow slow flow of milk to protect the bay from choking.
- Every part of this bottle set is dish washer safe, microwave safe and easy to assemble.
- The bottles have easy to read measurements that will help the mother measure the exact amount of milk they are pumping every time.
- The bottles have amazing travel caps that help keep the nipples clean and leak free.
- This beautiful box set is very affordable and can also be given to a pregnant mom as a present for future use. The bottles don’t have many fancy parts so they are easy to put together after washing.
- The caps do not allow any leaks as long as they are screwed perfectly, not too tight or too loose.
Alternating between breastfeeding and using a bottle can be confusing and frustrating to the baby. In fact most babies reject the bottles and end up going hungry and crying.
However, if one can find the best bottles for breastfeeding this problem can be avoided.
The best bottles to use when breastfeeding should be lightweight, small and ergonomically designed to make it easy for the baby and the mom to hold it.
It should also be extremely easy to clean because babies are sensitive and safe to use on hot items and appliances such as dishwasher, microwave, and fridge.